These fudgy plant-based morsels are perfect for brightening lunch boxes or adding a sweet lift to the afternoon. ORGANIC INDIA psyllium husk powder subs in for eggs, lightening up the classic treat while delivering all the rich flavor.
The seed husk of the herb Plantago ovata, in ORGANIC INDIA’s Certified Organic Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber, is a natural, bulk-forming dietary fiber. Containing both soluble and insoluble fiber, psyllium husk is shown to support the entire gastrointestinal system, and even reduce the risk of heart disease.
While conventional psyllium husk products are typically grown on industrialized farms utilizing chemical fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, and post-harvest chemical treatments, ORGANIC INDIA psyllium is 100% certified organic and Non-GMO Project Verified, meaning no synthetic pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers or treatments are used at any time…all the more reason to enjoy these indulgent bites guilt-free!
Vegan Fudge Brownies Recipe
Makes 16 small brownie squares
- 1 tablespoon ORGANIC INDIA Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour or gluten-free blend of choice
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup liquid coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or pieces
- 1 cup sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- *optional addends: ceylon cinnamon, chopped walnuts, additional chocolate chips
Note: Coconut sugar has a cake-like texture, while regular granulated sugar yields a slightly more grainy texture.
- In a small bowl, combine tablespoon psyllium husk powder with ¼ cup water and let stand.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare an 8 x 8 square baking pan with parchment paper, lightly coated with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, gently warm the coconut oil and chocolate, stirring until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and add in the sugar, vanilla, and psyllium mixture, stirring to combine.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients, stirring to combine. Add any optional addends such as chopped walnuts or chocolate chips).
- Use a spatula to spread the batter in the pan. You may need to press down with the spatula, back of spoon, or fingers somewhat (mixture will be thick). Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until the edges are set. Allow to cool at least five minutes before slicing.
Enjoy these vegan fudge brownies as an award at the end of the week, a treat to sweeten homework time, or a little surprise in their lunch box.