Lift winter doldrums — and boost your health — with the elegant simplicity of citrus sunshine. This classic treat tastes as lovely as it looks, while offering a burst of nutrition. Low in calories but high in nutrients, grapefruit packs in more than 15 beneficial vitamins and minerals, including Vitamins C and A, potassium, folate, magnesium, and more. A drizzle of honey and sprinkle of cinnamon balances sour notes. With this delightful burst of sweet, tangy flavor, you can practically taste those potent antioxidants and good nutrients at work.
You can use ORGANIC INDIA Ceylon Cinnamon, ORGANIC INDIA Cinnamon Spice Pre & Probiotic Fiber, or a mixture of both to complement and elevate the natural citrus flavor in this simple treat. As a pantry staple, cinnamon’s powerful health benefits may be overshadowed by its warm, signature flavor. Delivering a whopping 41 antioxidants, ORGANIC INDIA Ceylon Cinnamon works hard to protect our bodies from toxins while also supporting healthy blood sugar levels. Heat-tolerant ORGANIC INDIA Cinnamon Spice Psyllium Pre & Probiotic goes even further, with essential pre and probiotics and digestion-aiding triphala supporting immune, digestive, and whole body health. Pair either or both with a light drizzle of honey or agave, and take this winter jewel to a whole new level of goodness. Yields two servings.
- 1 medium grapefruit
- 2 teaspoons honey or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ORGANIC INDIA Ceylon Cinnamon (2 capsules)
- ½ teaspoon ORGANIC INDIA Cinnamon Spice Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber, optional
- Cut grapefruit in half. With a sharp knife, cut around each section to loosen fruit. Place cut side up in a baking pan.
- Drizzle each half with 1 teaspoon honey; sprinkle with cinnamon and/or psyllium. Broil 4 in. from heat for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm.