Moist, rich, and gloriously simple to prepare, this plant-based mug cake is magic in minutes. Best of all, you get to customize each delicious serving exactly to taste. Give it a twist to the tune of peppermint, orange, or cinnamon spice — or keep it pure and fudgy. ORGANIC INDIA Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber products deliver real whole health benefits while adding structure to your batter.
Our heat-tolerant award-winning Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber dishes up powerful health benefits, including essential pre and probiotics and digestion supporting triphala for immune system support, healthy digestion, and more. Further, the natural binding properties make it easier to enjoy your favorite dishes; gluten-free, vegan, or both. All you need is a mug, a microwave, and a handful of pantry staples plus a teaspoon of ORGANIC INDIA Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber to whip up this sweet, mess-free treat. This holiday season, go ahead and cozy up with dessert knowing you’re getting wholesome goodness with each bite. Yields 1 serving.
- ¼ cup all-purpose, whole wheat or gluten-free flour
- 2 Tablespoons cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ORGANIC INDIA Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber (use Original, Cinnamon Spice, or Orange for variety)
- 1-2 Tablespoons maple syrup or sugar of choice
- Pinch sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut or other vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk (unsweetened almond, soy, or milk of choice)
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- ⅛ teaspoon extract of choice, optional (vanilla, peppermint, orange, almond)
- Cooking spray
- Lightly coat the inside of a mug with cooking spray. Add flour, ORGANIC INDIA Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Stir with a fork to mix, then stir in oil, milk, chocolate chips, and extract. If the batter fills the mug more than halfway, remove to a larger one to avoid overflow.
- Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds, then let stand 1-2 minutes before eating. Top as desired (crushed candy canes, mini chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, chocolate sauce, fresh fruit).