Rich, moist, and nutty, this delicious cinnamon date walnut loaf is bursting with natural sweetness. Medjool dates, crunchy walnuts, and warm, spicy Ceylon Cinnamon each offer unique boosts of flavorful nutrients. Combined along with ORGANIC INDIA Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber, they deliver a symphony for the senses, suitable for breakfast, a quick snack, and even dessert.
Flavorful, heat-tolerant ORGANIC INDIA Cinnamon Spice Pre & Probiotic Fiber makes eggless baking easy, adding structure while promoting overall wellness to boot. Essential pre and probiotics and digestion-supporting Triphala naturally supporting a healthy gut, bolstering immune function and more. In addition to enhancing taste, ORGANIC INDIA Ceylon Cinnamon delivers an impressive 41 antioxidants, protecting the body from harmful toxins while helping balance blood sugar.
We love using sun butter in place of oil or butter in this delicious quick bread, but feel free to sub in almond butter or runny tahini. Loaded with fiber and a host of vitamins and minerals, dates’ natural sweetness can stand alone. In this version we chose to complement the flavor with just a touch of pure maple syrup. Add a little crunch with omega-3 rich walnuts, and this simple loaf is bliss. Enjoy!
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 ½ cups Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups flour of choice (whole wheat, spelt, gluten-free)
- 1 Tablespoon ORGANIC INDIA Cinnamon Spice Psyllium Pre & Probiotic
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Organic India Ceylon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup runny sun butter, tahini, or almond butter
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk OR orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9 X 5 loaf pan with a light coating of cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Soak dates in hot water while preparing batter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, ORGANIC INDIA Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber, baking powder, baking soda, ORGANIC INDIA Ceylon Cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Add maple syrup, sun butter, apple cider vinegar and dates with water. Stir to form a batter.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool in the loaf pan on a wire rack for about 5 minutes before removing. Allow to cool a further 5 minutes or so, slice, and enjoy!