Gift your body with a cleansing lift and immune support with pesto! Power-packed with nutrient-rich kale, spinach, herbs, ORGANIC INDIA Immune Lift, and ORGANIC INDIA Liver Kidney herbal supplement, this homemade spread is super clean and green. Pesto doesn’t need a lot of oil or cheese to taste great. In this vegan version, nutritional yeast stands in for traditional parmesan while the fresh flavors of the different greens, crunchy walnuts and a splash of tangy lemon sing for themselves. This recipe acts as a “functional food,” meaning a food that has active and direct health benefits beyond basic nutrition.
As the largest internal organ of the body, our liver is taxed with heavy responsibilities, not least helping to filter and detoxify unwanted materials. ORGANIC INDIA Liver Kidney whole herb blend gives this important organ powerful helping hand, promoting healthy liver and kidney function. Adding extra power, ORGANIC INDIA Immune Lift provides balanced nutrition from two of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet: Tulsi and Amla, both known for supporting healthy immune function and restoring energy.
Once you’ve whipped up a batch of homemade pesto, you’ll forever forego the store-bought versions brimming with unwanted sodium and add-ins. Plus, you’ll have plenty with which to think outside the pasta box! Mix into veggies, whole grain bowls, soups and more, or simply enjoy as a savory spread. Freeze for up to six months in small jars or ice cube trays for an easy punch of flavor to add to dishes…you really can’t go wrong.
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1 cup packed kale with ribs removed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons ORGANIC INDIA Immune Lift
- 1 teaspoon (2 capsules) Organic India Liver Kidney Supplement
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients up to nutritional yeast, plus 1/3 cup water, in a food processor or blender. Blend on high to form a paste.
- Slowly stream olive oil into the processor or blender while the machine is running. Pause to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add additional water as needed until the desired consistency is reached.
- Season with sea salt to taste.
- Serve with pasta, spiral vegetable noodles, roast veggies, or flatbread.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days.