What celebrates weekends like pancakes or waffles from scratch? With this simple recipe, you can brighten mornings with that ‘special breakfast’ feeling any day. ORGANIC INDIA Psyllium Pre & probiotic fiber makes throwing together a versatile batter quick and easy, while forgoing eggs and even oil, if you choose. Even better, you the same mixture transforms into your choice– crisp, delicious waffles, or tender, scrumptious pancakes.
Our heat-tolerant, award-winning Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber lends structure to this batter, making it easy to enjoy vegan and/or gluten-free. Better yet, each bite comes with powerful health benefits. Essential pre and probiotics and digestion supporting Triphala promote immune system health, digestion, and overall wellness.
While this forgiving batter yields either pancakes or waffles, we like to thin it out with additional water when making the latter. Psyllium’s natural binding properties mean you might not see the usual bubbling in the center while cooking. If so, look for a firming around the edges as the go-to sign to flip. Feel free to play with this standby blend: add a pinch of our ORGANIC INDIA Ceylon Cinnamon, a bit of coconut sugar, or a lightly beaten egg for added richness. Sprinkle—or heap—pancakes or waffles with your favorite toppings. Who knew health could taste so good? Yields 4 waffles or 6 to 8 pancakes.
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ORGANIC INDIA Psyllium Pre and Probiotic Fiber
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 ¼ Cup unsweetened soy, almond, or other milk
- ½ Cup water—more if needed
- ¼ Cup unsweetened applesauce or olive oil
- Preheat griddle or waffle maker.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, ORGANIC INDIA Psyllium Pre and Probiotic Fiber, and salt. Add milk, water, and applesauce or oil. Stir to form a batter. Batter will be on the thick side–for pancakes, add additional water as needed to thin out to a pourable consistency.
- Prepare pancakes/waffles: for waffles, scoop approximately ½ Cup batter into the center of your prepared waffle plate and cook according to manufacturer’s directions, gently removing with a fork when cooked. For pancakes, scoop roughly ⅓ -½ Cup batter per pancake onto a warmed griddle. Cook until the edges visibly begin to firm up, or bubbles form in the center, then flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with fresh fruit, maple syrup, and toppings of choice.