What says indulgence better than chocolate? Gluten-free, dairy-free, and topped with dark chocolate ganache made with Fair Trade Certified Divine Chocolate, this rich, fudgy cake is deceptively decadent. True wellness benefits are baked into each swoon-worthy bite!
ORGANIC INDIA’s Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber is a natural, bulk-forming dietary fiber, supporting digestion and possibly reducing risk of heart disease. What’s more, psyllium’s binding and moisture-retaining properties make it a gluten-free baker’s dream. Our Fairtrade Certified Organic Ceylon Cinnamon does more than boost flavor, too. Renowned for its ability to support healthy blood sugar levels, Ceylon Cinnamon packs a punch of 41 antioxidants, all teaming up to protect our bodies from harmful toxins.
You’ll wow friends and family with this gorgeous dessert…but it’s secretly simple to prepare. No bundt pan? No problem! This recipe works beautifully as a large sheet cake, too. This recipe is the perfect illustration that sometimes, you can have your cake and eat it too.
- ½ cup liquid coconut oil
- 1 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 cup quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup brewed Fair trade coffee (regular or decaf)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend plus more for the pan
- 1 tablespoon ORGANIC INDIA Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ORGANIC INDIA Ceylon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- Cooking spray
For the ganache drizzle
- 4 ounces dark Divine Fairtrade chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup coconut cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut oil on low to melt. Turn off heat and add honey, cocoa powder, hot coffee, and vanilla. Whisk together until smooth and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the gluten-free flour blend, ORGANIC INDIA whole husk psyllium powder, baking powder, Ceylon Cinnamon, and salt, whisking to combine.
- Add cocoa mixture, eggs, almond milk and applesauce to the mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the cake batter into a 10-12 cup bundt pan lightly coated with cooking spray and transfer to the oven. Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean (or with a few crumbs).
- Remove the cake from the oven and set on a cooling rack to cool for 5 minutes. Turn the cake over, let the pan remain on top for 5 more minutes. Gently lift the pan off and let the cake cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the ganache topping. Place chocolate in a medium bowl. In a saucepan, bring the coconut cream to a low boil. Pour over chocolate and whisk until smooth. Let cool until thick yet pourable, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Set the cooling rack with the cake on it over a piece of parchment paper and pour the chocolate ganache over the top, letting it spread over the sides. Let sit at room temperature until the ganache is set before transferring to the refrigerator.