From pairing with chili to crumbling for stuffing, prepared in a pan or a skillet, piping hot cornbread simply satisfies. When it comes to this savory side, each bite offers real health benefits. No need to load up with butter and sugar — fresh herbs and sweet corn kernels add flavor and texture that speak for themselves. ORGANIC INDIA Original Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber lends natural binding properties, yielding a tender, gluten-free and vegan cornbread with fresh, delicate taste.
Natural prebiotic psyllium is known to promote beneficial bacteria for a healthy gut. ORGANIC INDIA’s award-winning Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber products go even further, supporting immune system health and overall wellness with 5-in-1 benefits, including essential pre and probiotics and digestion-aiding herbs. Not only are ORGANIC INDIA psyllium products easy to incorporate into meals, from blending in smoothies to sprinkling over oatmeal, they open a world of baking that doesn’t rely on gluten or eggs. We used chives, parsley, and basil, but feel free to change up fresh herbs or swap for a pinch of dried. This recipe isn’t just simple to throw together, it’s versatile, too. Serve alongside your main dish or savor on its own, and enjoy!
- 1 C. ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 ½ Cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons ORGANIC INDIA Original Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber
- 1 ½ Cups unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and psyllium. Whisk to combine.
- Add the almond milk, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup and stir to form a batter. Stir in chives, parsley and basil. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.