Soft and just chewy with a hint of gooiness, these blondies are bursting with dreamy flavor. A concentrate of ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Masala Chai Tea Infusion elevates the natural sweetness of pure maple syrup, vanilla, and warming spices while infusing the power of Tulsi into dessert. Even better, ORGANIC INDIA Cinnamon Spice Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber offers superior health benefits while making it easier to lighten up this traditionally rich, classic treat.
Tahini and coconut oil take the place of butter and add a delightful nuttiness to these delectable plant-based goodies. Also enhancing flavor, heat-tolerant ORGANIC INDIA Cinnamon Spice Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber offers powerful wellness benefits by supporting the optimal balance of beneficial gut bacteria. Psyllium contains unique natural binding properties, making it easier to skip the eggs, dairy, and gluten, and enjoy plant-based and gluten-free versions of your favorite indulgences.
While this recipe calls for white whole wheat flour in these blondies, you can substitute gluten-free flour. ORGANIC INDIA Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber products work well with flax meal for binding, but swap a lightly beaten egg for the flax meal instead. And, if a “dirty chai” is more your speed, go ahead and toss in some dark chocolate chips. Yields 9 bars. Enjoy!
- 3 ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Masala Chai Tea Infusion bags
- ½ cup boiled water
- 1½ c white whole wheat flour (or use a gluten-free flour blend)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup runny tahini, well stirred
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal stirred in 5 Tablespoons water OR 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, optional
Optional Chai Glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon Organic India Cinnamon Spice Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons chai concentrate (remainder from batter)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Steep ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Masala Chai Tea Infusion bags in ½ cup boiled water for ten minutes. Squeeze the tea bags to extract the maximum flavor.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, ORGANIC INDIA Cinnamon Spice Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- On medium low heat, gently warm the coconut oil in a medium saucepan. When melted, turn off the burner and stir in maple syrup, coconut sugar, tahini, flax mixture or beaten egg, vanilla, and ⅓ cup of the chai concentrate— optional: save leftover concentrate for the glaze.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, combining to form a thick, dough-like batter. Stir in walnuts.
- Press dough/batter into an 8 X 8 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is looking golden and just crisp, and an inserted toothpick comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Allow to cool.
- While cooling, prepare the optional glaze by mixing the powdered sugar with 1 teaspoon ORGANIC INDIA Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber, and 1-2 Tablespoons remaining chai concentrate as needed to form a runny icing. Drizzle over bars once cooled.