It’s time to get your boo on! This naturally-sweetened, pumpkin-spiced take on classic rice krispie treats is all treat, no tricks. We opted for healthier puffed brown rice and millet cereals in place of the more heavily refined standard. ORGANIC INDIA Orange Psyllium Pre & Probiotic complements pumpkin puree and pie spice for bright autumn flavor while adding some whopping health benefits.
All ORGANIC INDIA’s heat-tolerant Psyllium Pre & Probiotic products pack powerful wellness benefits, including supporting the immune system and digestive health. Moreover, psyllium naturally contains unique binding properties that add a bit of bulk to both the rice mixture and coconut sugar-based icing, making it easy to cut the usual butter and sugar while keeping that sweetness and crisp texture we adore. Not into icing? These snacks are just as scrumptious without. Enjoy!
Makes 9 large treats
- ¼ cup liquid coconut oil
- ½ cup brown rice syrup or pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon Organic India Orange Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups puffed rice, or other whole grain, cereal
For the icing:
- 1 cup powdered coconut sugar*
- 1 ½ tablespoons ORGANIC INDIA Orange Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber
- 1 ½ tablespoons orange juice
* To make your own powdered coconut sugar, simply place 1 cup of coconut sugar and 2 teaspoons tapioca flour in a high-speed blender. Process until achieving a light, powdery consistency, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Line an 8-inch square pan or similar with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the coconut oil, brown rice or maple syrup, and pumpkin puree. Cook over medium heat until bubbling, then continue to cook 1-2 minutes, stirring to prevent burning. Remove from heat and stir in ORGANIC INDIA Orange Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber and vanilla.
- Add cereal and stir until evenly coated. Pour into prepared pan. Transfer to the freezer and let set for at least 45 minutes.
- While mixture is setting, prepare the icing: in a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber, and orange juice. Stir, adding additional liquid if needed to achieve desired consistency. Drizzles over cooled pan, cut into squares and serve. Store in fridge or freezer.