Bright as summer sunshine, this vibrant carrot raisin salad is bursting with taste and wholesome goodness. Light, crunchy, and colorful, it’s a perfect accompaniment for picnics, lunches, and dinners. Not only is preparation simple, making ahead elevates the flavors even more. ORGANIC INDIA Ceylon Cinnamon lends a delightful spiciness to the natural sweetness of raisins and crisp apple. Adding a concentrate of Tulsi Lemon Ginger Tea Infusion adds a delicate tang, while still letting the warmth of Ceylon Cinnamon, also known as “true cinnamon,” take the spotlight.
As well as adding depth of flavor, superfood Ceylon Cinnamon offers powerful health benefits. Shown to increase insulin sensitivity as well as support digestion, cinnamon is particularly lauded for its role in supporting healthy blood sugar levels. The earthy spice, derived from the inner bark of the Cinnamomum zeylanicum tree, is also loaded with antioxidants. Some studies even show cinnamon to outrank well-known superfood garlic in this regard. ORGANIC INDIA Ceylon Cinnamon delivers no fewer than 41 antioxidants.
- 4-5 medium carrots, grated (approximately 4 cups)
- ¾ cup raisins
- 1 ½ cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced or slivered almonds, optional
- ¼ cup orange juice (fresh squeezed if possible)
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ORGANIC INDIA Ceylon Cinnamon (4 capsules)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Lemon Ginger Tea infusion bags, optional
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine carrots, raisins, cabbage, sliced apple, and almonds.
- Prepare the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, olive oil, and maple syrup. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over carrot mixture and stir to combine. Refrigerate at least one hour for best flavor.