Add extra brightness to delicious, classic hummus and re-energize your lunch routines with the magical healing properties of Turmeric! With little more than a whizz in the food processor, you can whip up smooth, creamy hummus from your own kitchen, with greater yields in both quantity and flavor than store-bought brands. Best of all, you can get creative with your favorite flavors and infuse potent health benefits, too.
A natural anti-inflammatory and powerful antioxidant, Turmeric packs in a staggering wealth of benefits, from protecting against cancer to supporting brain health. Rich in natural phytonutrients and organic Trikatu, ORGANIC INDIA Turmeric Formula supports important blood and liver functions, healthy joints and inflammation response, radiant skin, digestion, and overall well-being. Alongside all that goodness, Turmeric adds warm, earthy flavor and cheerful color — a true boost of sunshine.
Cooked chickpeas, tahini, and seasonings break down to form a toothsome paste in mere minutes. A couple of quick tricks make elevating that paste to the perfect desirable creaminess simple. Be sure to pause to scrape your mixture off the sides of the food processor to thoroughly blend. Adding a little olive oil and cold water while the food processor is running is the finishing touch when it comes to achieving smooth texture. If you have time and really want to go the extra mile, removing the skins from your cooked chickpeas before blending will take your hummus to an even silkier level, but we love saving time and savoring the deliciousness, skins and all. Yields approximately 1½ cups hummus.
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- Juice of 1 large lemon (about 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice)
- 1/4 Cup well-stirred tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- ½ to 1 teaspoon ORGANIC INDIA Turmeric Formula (2- 4 capsules)
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons cold water (more as needed)
- Sea salt to taste
- Add drained chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, ORGANIC INDIA Turmeric Formula, paprika cayenne (if using), and olive oil to a blender or food processor. Blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides needed.
- With the food processor turned on, slowly add 2 to 3 tablespoons of cold water until you reach your desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, and store covered in the fridge for 3-4 days.