Back-to-school time may look different this year, but the loving care packed into a wholesome afternoon snack is ever guaranteed to bring a smile. With ORGANIC INDIA Psyllium Cinnamon Spice Pre & Probiotic Fiber, these vegan, gluten-free snickerdoodles deliver the very best in cinnamon flavor without refined sugars, unhealthy fats, or preservatives.
A natural prebiotic, psyllium offers unique binding properties that open up worlds of opportunity in gluten-free and vegan baking. ORGANIC INDIA award-winning Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber optimizes the health benefits of psyllium and more, supporting immune system health and overall wellness with essential pre and probiotics and powerful digestion-aiding herbs. In this simple recipe, Cinnamon Spice Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber yields a tender but firm texture. What’s more, each cookie is coated with a blend of Cinnamon Spice Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber and zero glycemic monk fruit sweetener, resulting in a sweet and spicy, good-for-you treats adults and kids will love.
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour blend
- 1 ¼ cups fine almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons ORGANIC INDIA Cinnamon Spice Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar (optional for traditional tang)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup organic coconut oil, softened
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond or other non-dairy milk
- ½ cup coconut or monk fruit sweetener
- ½ teaspoon ORGANIC INDIA Ceylon Cinnamon, optional for extra spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon ORGANIC INDIA Cinnamon Spice Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber
- 1 teaspoon ORGANIC INDIA Ceylon Cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons monk fruit sweetener or coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 Tablespoon ORGANIC INDIA Ceylon Cinnamon with ¼ Cup monkfruit sweetener or coconut sugar. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk almond and gluten-free flours, ORGANIC INDIA Cinnamon Spice Psyllium Pre & Probiotic Fiber, baking powder, sea salt, and ORGANIC INDIA Ceylon Cinnamon, if using. Mix well to thoroughly distribute the psyllium.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the softened coconut oil, sugar, applesauce, almond milk and vanilla. Mix lightly to combine wet ingredients before stirring to combine with dry. The dough should be thick and moldable. If needed, sprinkle with extra flour to reach this consistency.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes, then gently roll into balls. Roll each ball in the cinnamon-sugar topping and arrange 1-inch apart on the baking sheet. Press lightly with your hand or the back of a spoon before baking to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes, then enjoy!