Is there anything more frustrating than not being able to fall asleep at night? Not only does it impact your energy levels, it can make you feel downright grumpy! Fortunately, there are a variety of ways to improve your sleep and help you function throughout the day. Here are ten ways you can improve the quality of your sleep; naturally, of course!
- Rise with the Sun: According to Ayurvedic tradition, waking up early with the sun can help improve your energy levels as well as boost your mood. It has also been shown to improve productivity levels and lead to better physical functioning. It may take some time to get used to this shift in your schedule, but by going to bed a bit earlier, your body will adjust to accommodate the early rise.
- Begin with Meditation: If the first thing you do in the morning is check your phone for email and Facebook alerts, think again. Instead of starting off the day in work or social mode, take some time to focus on yourself. Sit up in your bed, cross your legs, close your eyes, and spend at least five minutes meditating on what you would like to achieve during the day. Afraid that you will fall asleep? Set your phone timer to go off with a gentle sound, helping you transition back to your morning moment.
- Journal your Thoughts and Goals: Instead of watching hours of reality TV before hitting the sack, spend some time journaling your thoughts, feelings, and goals. Not only will this help focus your energy on achieving what it is that you want in life, it will aid in improving your sleep. Studies have shown that staring at screens and using technology before bed can impact our sleeping patterns in a negative way. Get off the phone, turn off the TV, close the laptop, and take a pen to paper.
- Sip some Tulsi Sleep Tea: Blended with Tulsi, Gotu Kola, Ashwagandha and Shankpushpi, ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Sleep tea will have you catching up on your beauty sleep in no time! Not only does it promote relaxation and tranquility, it tastes amazing due to the infusion of Chamomile, Cardamom, and Peppermint. Try brewing up a mug 20 minutes before bedtime and let this powerful blend of ingredients work their sleepy-time magic!
- Darken your Room: It doesn’t get any better than falling asleep in a dark room. In fact, studies have shown that exposure to bright light shortens melatonin duration by about 90 minutes compared to dim light exposure! In addition, exposure to bright light during usual sleep hours suppresses the melatonin levels even more dramatically. That means you will toss and turn all night! Turn off that nightlight, get rid of that bright alarm clock, and close the blinds. The darker the room, the more rest you will get!
- Try some ORGANIC INDIA Peaceful Sleep: In need of some sound and refreshing shut-eye? Give ORGANIC INDIA Peaceful Sleep a try! Made from three key Ayurvedic herbs that have been traditionally used for promoting sleep, this supplement is the perfect addition to your nighttime routine. Try taking one capsule before bed with water to get some peaceful rest.
- Chew some Cherries: Chew on this! Tart cherries are one of nature’s rare sources of sleep-promoting melatonin, which is responsible for helping regulate our inner-clock. In fact, researchers believe that melatonin combined with the anthocyanins in cherries can help promote better sleep at night. Try eating a handful of cherries before bed or sip some sugar-free tart cherry juice.
- Feel Tranquil with Ashwagandha: Fun to say and easy to use, Ashwagandha has been used for centuries as a natural way to promote calmness in the body. It acts as an adaptogenic herb and helps to support the body’s natural response to stress. ORGANIC INDIA Ashwagandha supplement is a wonderful way to incorporate this important herb into your daily routine. Try taking two capsules each day with food and water.
- Get some Gotu Kola: Just like Ashwagandha, Gotu Kola acts as an adaptogen to offer support to the body’s stress functions. This means it can aid in helping you relax and quickly fall asleep. Gotu Kola has long been prized by yogis for its powerful effect on the nervous system. Try taking two ORGANIC INDIA Gotu Kola capsules twice daily with food and water to help promote a sense of peace and relaxation throughout your body.
- Back off on the Caffeine: Are you tossing and turning at night? Perhaps it is time to cut back on the caffeine. It’s no secret that caffeine acts as a stimulant, helping us wake up in the morning. Experts agree that in order to get a good night’s sleep, caffeine should be cut off four to six hours before bedtime. This gives you the perfect opportunity to switch to drinking your favorite ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Tea flavor.