This blog is for all of the mamas out there.
The ones who work tirelessly to make sure their kids have the best lives possible. The ones who take care of their spouses, the pets, the house. Working full time or staying at home, being a mother is a full time job. Even after the kids are grown and gone, the journey of motherhood never ends.
This Mother’s Day, take time for you by honoring the amazing mama, woman, and person you are. P.S. Self-care doesn't have to be expensive!
Here are 5 ways to treat yourself at home.
1. Massage Magic
You don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars at the day spa to indulge in a relaxing massage! Instead, do some self-massage or recruit your spouse or kids to play massage therapist! Make your massage extra special with body oils, essential oils, candles, and soothing music.
2. Sip to Soothe
Relax your body and mind with delectable herbal tea. Our Tulsi Sweet Rose is delicately crafted with fresh rose petals hand picked by female farmers - talk about a women-empowering blend! Take your presence one step further and follow our latest tea ritual: Tulsi Sweet Rose Meditation.
3. Retreat your Feet
Sit down and soak your feet, it's as simple as that! We love to add herbal tea to pretty much every ritual, including foot baths. Here's a mini foot bath recipe sure to pull the stress right out the tips of your toes!
- Fill a large bowl or foot basin with piping hot water.
- Brew your favorite ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Infusion and let it cool to a touchable temperature. Our favorites for a foot bath are: Tulsi Honey Chamomile, Tulsi Ginger, or Tulsi Peppermint!
- Pro tip: After brewing, cut open the tea bags and add in the bulk herbs!
- Add 1 cup Epsom salt and your fav essential oils (make sure they are properly mixed with a carrier oil).
- Soak for 15-20 minutes and let your worries melt away!
4. Love your Locks
Daily hair care is often underestimated, yet we all desire good hair everyday. We know your busy and we know the salon is not always an option. We also know the difference an overnight hair mask can make! Try this simple recipe to deeply hydrate and renew your hair.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil.
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 1 tbsp honey.
- 2 capsules ORGANIC INDIA Neem (pull apart and empty).
- Mix all ingredients together to form a paste. Lather onto hair and soak for 20 minutes-1 hour and rinse. Soak overnight for ultimate silky hydration!
5. Positive Affirmations
You do a lot, especially when it comes to other people. Your role as a mom is often positively affirming others, holding down the fort, and putting out fires. You may not hear enough how appreciated, caring, and loving you are - so tell yourself! Here's a mini self-love positive affirmation guide:
Grab a paper and pen and some silence. Write or speak aloud the sentences below in relation to your personal life, focusing on positivity and grace.
1. "I love myself and create sacred space for myself."
2. "The 3 things I love most about my life are:"
3. "The 3 things I love most about being a mom are:"
4. "The 3 things I love most about my body are:"
5. "What I am most looking forward to about the future is:"
6. "I ask for help when needed."
7. "I am a strong, healthy, and vibrant woman!"