Have you ever struggled to choose a granola at the store that offers all of the ingredients you crave? Making your own granola is actually really simple!
Granola can be a wonderful choice for a snack, offering beneficial nutrients as well as fiber and protein. Making it at home allows you to choose ingredients that alter the flavor as well as expand your creation into a full meal like a classic parfait, smoothie bowl, or even an ice cream delight!
Make homemade granola with this yummy DIY recipe:Ingredients:
- 3 cups oats
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or dried apricot)
- 3 tbsp organic coconut sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ORGANIC INDIA Ginger Powder
- 2 capsules ORGANIC INDIA Cinnamon (contents only)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, walnuts, pecans, dried fruit, sugar, salt, organic ginger powder and organic cinnamon.
- In a saucepan on low heat, blend the coconut oil, raw honey, and vanilla extract for about three minutes.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- On a large baking sheet, spread the granola out evenly. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon or ginger for added flavor!
- Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring at the halfway point.
- When the granola is browned, remove the pan from the oven and let cool.
Enjoy this granola by itself as a snack or with more of your favorite breakfast additions!
Yummy suggestions: Yogurt, chia seeds, flax seeds, coconut flakes, cacao, almonds, blueberries, pomegranates, bananas...!