Have you ever returned home from a fabulous vacation only to feel like you need a vacation from your vacation? Maybe you had a little “too much fun” with all of those fancy adult beverages and could use a detox. Taking a vacation doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice all of your healthy habits! There are small, easy ways to incorporate health and wellness while still having a good time.
Here are 4 ways to maintain your health and well being while traveling this summer.
1. Tulsi Travels: If you are like me, you’re not a huge fan of flying. Between endless lines, long waits, unexpected turbulence, and tight quarters, flying can be downright stressful! That’s why I always bring a few of my favorite ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Tea bags along with me on the flight. Tulsi is an adaptogenic herb, promoting a sense of calm and tranquility in your mind, body, and spirit. It helps to protect your body from the damaging effects of stress, while protecting your immune system. So, when the flight attendants start serving beverages, request a cup of hot water and brew your favorite flavor of Tulsi Tea. Keep packets with your throughout your travels in order to rejuvenate, relieve stress and stay healthy on-the-go. My favorite flavors are Tulsi Ginger Tea and Tulsi Sweet Rose Tea. Yum!
2. Pack a Snack: If you have ever spent time waiting in an airport, you know that your food choices are limited. It seems like everywhere you look, there is nothing but fast food, deep-fried meals and processed snacks. Not only do these types of foods leave the body undernourished, they can really drag energy levels down. That’s why I recommend bringing along a sandwich or wrap, a bag of snacks (raw nuts are my favorite), and a bottle of water. This way you can control your hunger cravings while giving your body the nutrients that it needs to truly enjoy your vacation once you’ve landed.
3. Don’t Slack on Your Supplements: When we travel, we often don’t eat the nutrient-dense foods our bodies need to stay energized and healthy. That’s why I recommend packing a few supplements to help you get through those busy travel days.
- Moringa is a nutrient dense superfood that will help you stay nourished with all 18 amino acids, essential vitamins and minerals, and powerful antioxidants. Moringa boost the immune systems, relieves stress and naturally enhances energy levels.
- Ashwagandha is one of my favorites to bring along because it promotes energy and vitality in the body. Ashwagandha is an Ayurvedic name that translates to “the rooted power of a horse,” a reference to this herb’s revitalizing and strengthening properties, which will keep you on your travel game. It also works to support the body’s natural stress response, helping you keep your cool despite travel challenges that may arise.
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is gaining the reputation to be the single most important herb for many health and dietary needs. Turmeric supports joint mobility, a healthy immune response and digestive function—ensuring healthy, happy travels!
4. Get Your Workout On: Yes, you are on vacation; but wouldn’t it feel great to maintain some type of exercise regimen on-the-go? Staying fit is easy if you set your mind to it! Get up early in the morning and explore a new city by foot, or even just the hotel grounds. If the weather doesn’t permit a walk, pull up your favorite exercise video on your smart phone and have your own private workout class from the comforts of your hotel room. Head down to the pool and swim a few laps. Bring a Frisbee to the beach. Go for a hike. Working out on vacation can be just as fun as all of the other cool activities you will be doing! Your mind and body will thank you.