Spring is upon us, and it's time to get floral! As the plants around us begin to bud and open up, so can we by taking care of our bodies. First place to start? In the kitchen! Keeping healthy foods on hand will help encourage us to make fulfilling, healthy choices that keep us satiated and energized all day long.
This recipe contains ORGANIC INDIA'S Tulsi Honey Chamomile Tea, made from fresh chamomile blossoms and perfectly mixed with nourishing ingredients to brighten your day!
Tulsi, known in India as the "Queen of Herbs," is an adaptogenic herb that brings all systems of the body to balance. Best known for supporting a healthy stress response, Tulsi recipes are a surefire way to uplift your mood.
This smoothie is also great for digestion as it contains soluble and insoluble fiber, from organic Whole Husk Psyllium; perfect for keeping your gut happy and healthy this spring! The tea blend itself contains a small amount of fennel, which also soothes digestion.
Eat at breakfast to rev up your day, in the afternoon for a boost of energy, or in the evening for a healthy dessert option!
Vanilla Fig Chamomile Smoothie
- 1 cup ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Honey Chamomile Tea (brew and let cool to room temperature).
- 3 or 4 fresh figs (if fresh figs aren’t available, use frozen).
- 1 small granny smith apple.
- 1 banana.
- 1 tbsp ORGANIC INDIA Whole Husk Psyllium.
- 1 tbsp organic raw honey, coconut sugar, or sweetener of your choice (optional).
- ½ cup organic vanilla yogurt
- Dairy free = opt for coconut milk in a can!
- 2 strawberries
- Ice to thicken
1. Add all ingredients except the strawberries to your blender.
2. Process until smooth and even texture.
3. Slice strawberries and top onto smoothie as an edible garnish.
4. Serve in your favorite glass and enjoy!
About the Author
Margaux J Rathbun, B.S., N.T.P., is a certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and the creator of Authentic Self Wellness (www.authenticselfwellness.com). Her mission is to inspire others to live authentically as their true selves, nourishing their bodies with the nutrients needed to look and feel their absolute best. Margaux lives outside of Portland Oregon with her husband Jeff and their three dogs.