If you are looking for easy ways to incorporate more “good fats” and calcium into your diet, this smoothie is perfect for you!
- Avocados contain heart healthy monosaturated fat and are also a good source of potassium, vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin B5 and B6 and Vitamin E.
- Apples are rich in antioxidants, flavonoids and dietary fiber.
- Chia seeds deliver tons of nutrients with very few calories, including magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, calcium, fiber and protein.
- Mint is a digestive aid, and will leave you feeling fresh and calm. I like adding Organic India's Tulsi Peppermint Tea to this smoothie to add antioxidants, immune support, and balanced energy to the mix.
- Tulsi-Holy Basil is a powerful adaptogen that will help bring your body to its natural balance.
- Moringa Powder is a superfood green that provides natural energy.
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1 cup of Organic India's Tulsi Peppermint Tea
- 1 tbsp of Organic India's Moringa Powder.
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 organic red apple
- 1 organic sprig of fresh mint
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or kefir
- 3 ice cubes
- Brew Organic India's Tulsi Peppermint Tea as instructed on the box. Use two tea bags for increased strength and potency.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove pit and flesh.
- Cut apple into chunks and remove core.
- Let tea cool to room temperature.
- Add apple juice and brewed tea into the blender, followed by the avocado, apple, mint, moringa powder, chia seeds, yogurt and ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth. Add more ice cubes to thicken and cool the smoothie.