It’s the holiday season and the last thing you want is poor digestion slowing you down. Is there anything more frustrating than going to festive functions when you feel bloated, constipated, and gassy? Fortunately, ORGANIC INDIA has got you covered with these great tips and products, all designed to aid in promoting proper digestion.
1. Chew your Food: This may sound obvious, but it's a simple concept to stick with. We aren't always present while eating which can often lead to overeating and eating too fast. Chewing your food allows you to savor the flavors longer and aids in promoting proper digestion. That’s because the simple process of chewing helps to break down the food you eat into smaller particles, helping reduce stress on the esophagus. It also aids in helping the stomach metabolize your food. The saliva that is produced when you chew contains digestive enzymes which help to promote adequate digestion.
Test yourself! Try chewing denser foods at least 30 times and softer foods 20 times before swallowing.
2. Count on Cinnamon: Not only is cinnamon one of the tastiest spices around, its warming nature also aid in digestion! Even more impressive, cinnamon helps maintain blood sugar levels, which can be especially helpful during the holidays! ORGANIC INDIA's Cinnamon Capsules contain Ceylon Cinnamon, also known as True Indian Cinnamon - this is the good stuff! Count on cinnamon as a simple and effective way to achieve healthy digestion.
Try taking 2 capsules before or after meals!
3. Love that Lemon Water: Are you loving lemons? If not, you should be! Lemons are an easy way to flavor your water and improve your digestion. The acid in lemon juice has been shown to work with the body to nourish and enhance digestive function by conserving the store of insulin and helping you get more benefit from the foods that you eat.
Try sipping on a glass of lemon water first thing in the morning and about 30 minutes before a big meal.
4. Ginger up: Ginger is backed with health benefits for your entire body but it is mostly known for the positive impact it can have on the digestive system. Ginger helps to stimulate bile, saliva, and gastric juice to help with the digestion process. It also contains gingerol and other volatile oils to keep your gut happy and healthy. ORGANIC INDIA Ginger capsules offer an easy everyday fix to soothe your tum.
Try taking two capsules after a meal.
5. Time for Triphala: One of the oldest and most renowned herbal formulas from Vedic tradition, Triphala has been shown to cleanse and support the entire GI tract. It contains three organic fruits: Amalaki, Bibhitaki, and Haritaki, which work together to improve digestion, elimination, and the assimilation of nutrients. ORGANIC INDIA Triphala capsules are an excellent addition to your holiday supplement routine, especially if you are experiencing digestive discomfort.
Try taking two capsules in the morning or evening, when your stomach is less full.
6. Slow Down: When you sit down for a meal, it’s time to chill out! Put away your phone, turn off the TV, and focus on taking the time to relax and enjoy your food. In order to promote proper digestion, it is important that our bodies be in a parasympathetic state. Sometimes referred to as “the rest and digest” system, the parasympathetic system conserves energy as it slows the heart rate and relaxes sphincter muscles within the GI tact.
Make mealtime a form of meditation where you relax, stay in the present moment, and focus on your food. Your digestive system will thank you for it!
7. Sip some Psyllium: We all know about the importance of fiber in maintaining a health digestive system. In fact, most adults require 32 grams of fiber every day to maintain digestive health, regularity, and a healthy weight. But how do we include enough of it in our daily diet? Whole Husk Psyllium is a wonderful and easy way to get beneficial fiber into your body. Psyllium contains both soluble and insoluble fiber, promoting regular elimination and support for the GI system.
Try adding a spoonful of ORGANIC INDIA Whole Husk Psyllium to your lemon water, smoothie, or favorite green juice. You can also bake with it and add it as a topping to some of your favorite dishes.
About the Author
Margaux is a certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and the creator of Authentic Self Wellness. Her mission is to inspire others to live authentically as their true selves, nourishing their bodies with the nutrients needed to look and feel their absolute best. Margaux lives outside of Portland Oregon with her husband Jeff and their three dogs.