If you are going dairy-free or simply are in need of a tasty new type of milk that is full of nourishing goodness, give this recipe for Homemade Chai Oat Milk a try!
Oat milk is naturally lactose-free, low in calories, and does not contain a lot of fat. It has a sweet flavor and when paired with ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Masala Chai Tea, it offers a variety of dishes a comforting warm flavor.
Oat milk has been shown to be full of bone-building vitamin A, immune-boosting vitamin C, and many energizing B vitamins. Make a batch of this on a weekend, store it in an airtight mason jar, and keep it in the fridge to use as you go about your week. It's easy to make and something your whole family will love!
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 3 cups water
- 2 ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Masala Chai tea bags
1. Add the oats and water to your high-speed blender.
2. Heat up some water and steep the ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Masala Chai tea bags for about 5 minutes.
3. Squeeze the liquid from the tea bags into the blender, taking care to not burn your fingers.
4. Process the ingredients until the mixture is smooth.
5. Strain the milk by pouring it through a strainer lined with cheese cloth. Use your hands to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
6. Use or compost the remaining oat pulp. Store the oat milk in an air-tight mason jar and keep it in the refrigerator.
About the Author
Margaux J Rathbun, B.S., N.T.P., is a certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and the creator of Authentic Self Wellness (www.authenticselfwellness.com). Her mission is to inspire others to live authentically as their true selves, nourishing their bodies with the nutrients needed to look and feel their absolute best. Margaux lives outside of Portland Oregon with her husband Jeff and their three dogs.