Adult Hot Chocolate!
Sipping chocolate is an “adult’s hot chocolate,” so rich in flavor that it is best enjoyed in slow sips and small portions. This restorative dark sipping chocolate is filled with antioxidant-rich cacao and spices, an indulgent treat.
This recipe is brimming with many health benefits. The chaga mushrooms and ginger promote a balanced immune response, while the mighty adaptogen, Ashwagandha, supports the body’s natural stress response. The organic ceylon cinnamon capsules, known as “True Indian Cinnamon”, not only help maintain healthy blood sugar levels, but add a sweeter and more delicate flavor than common version of the spice, cassia.
This elixir is perfect for cold days with loved ones gathered around the hearth, or for quiet afternoons alone, spent tucked in a cozy chair in the company of a good book.
This recipe makes 2 cups or 4 to 5 small sipping chocolates!
• 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (look for the version in a can)
• 1 cup filtered water or spring water
• 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
• 1 tbsp chaga mushroom powder
• 4 tsp coconut sugar
• 1 tsp ORGANIC INDIA Ashwagandha powder
• 4 ORGANIC INDIA Cinnamon capsules (contents only)
• ¼ tsp. ORGANIC INDIA Ginger powder
• Optional: a pinch of Himalayan sea salt
• Optional: a pinch of cayenne or a sprig of mint!
1. Place all the ingredients (besides the optional additions) into a blender. Blend together until smooth.
2. Gently heat the mixture in a small pan over low-medium heat until you reach a light boil.
3. Reduce heat and stir.
4. Add in the options! A pinch of ground sea salt will bring out the flavors. If you desire a spicier beverage, add a pinch of cayenne, or 1/8 tsp. If you want a minty-sweet flavor, go with the sprig of mint (muddle if preferred).
5. Pour or ladle into miniature mugs to serve as a sipping chocolate or into two larger mugs as a rich hot chocolate.
About the AuthorAndrea Rossi, CNTP