While there is no "one stop shop" for women's health, we know of an herb that comes close. Drumroll please... Shatavari! Ayurveda, deemed "The Science of Life", recognizes Shatavari as the #1 adaptogenic herb for every cycle of a woman's life.
Here's a breakdown of what this herb can do for you.
- Scientific name: Asparagus racemosus
- Also known as: Wild Asparagus
- Meaning of name: The name Shatavari translates to "the plant that has 100 roots below the ground" or "The 100 Rooted One".
History and Folk Lore
- In India, it is said that a woman taking Shatavari has the beauty and strength to acquire 100 husbands.
- Traditionally used as a rejuvenating tonic for the female system.
- Traditionally used to increase breast milk flow; a galactagogue.
- Adaptogen: Aids the body in adapting to stress
- Mental, emotional, physical, environmental, and biological.
- Aims to balance women's hormones.
- Helpful during PMS, pregnancy, menarche, and menopause.
Both Men and Women
- Promotes healthy reproductive function.
- Tones and strengthens reproductive system.
- Increases strength and stamina.
- Internally cooling.
- Boosts immunity.
- Considered a superfood.
- Dosha: Decreases Vata, Balances Pitta, Increases Kapha
- Tastes: Sweet, Bitter
- 1 Capsule, twice daily with food and water
*When taking herbs it is best to work with a practitioner to tailor a health plan that works for you and your individual body. Always consult a practitioner before taking herbs regarding pre-existing conditions, medication interactions, and overall herbal knowledge.
ORGANIC INDIA's Shatavari
- Whole Herb
- Part used: Root
- Kosher & Halal
- Grown using regenerative organic agriculture practices.
- Grown sustainably by small family farmers.
- Grown and manufactured with seed to shelf transparency.
- Grown with love.
Get yours here in capsule form or bulk powder!