Summer keeps us in motion. The weather’s pleasant, travel is more common, and events are at an all time high. In the midst summer's busy schedule, it is easy to compromise our healthy lifestyle.
Smoothies are a great breakfast or snack to ensure at least one healthy, high vibrational meal. Smoothies are more than just fruit and milk. There are so many options of healthy ingredients to add! Some of our favorites are; chia seeds, cacao, superfood greens, moringa, protein powder, coconut flakes, hemp seeds, goji berries, flax seeds, turmeric, and the list goes on and on.
While many of these ingredients add flavor and antioxidants, one important factor that every regular smoothie-maker knows to keep consistent is a good source of fiber. We need fiber for just about every body system to work properly. Fiber is crucial for a healthy diet and can be especially important when traveling or on the go because when we can’t ‘rest and digest’, we often become constipated.
Not all fiber products are created equal!
Pro-tip: When seeking a natural source of fiber, make sure it is organic, non-GMO, and ethically sourced. If you are using a fiber product to detox or help with regular elimination, you don’t want it to be filled with chemicals and additives.
This smoothie recipe was made with ORGANIC INDIA’s Organic Whole Husk Psyllium. This psyllium is naturally and ethically sourced, and has no hidden ingredients. Adding a tablespoon to your daily diet will help you meet your daily fiber goals.
Summer Smoothie: Fiber Zap!
For the base:
- Brew 3 bags of ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Raspberry Peach tea in 1 cup hot water; let steep.
- Once room temp., mix with 1 cup almond, soy, or coconut milk.
For the smoothie:
- Fill blender with enough ice for 1 serving and 1 tbsp of your favorite peanut butter.
- Add 1 chopped banana, ½ cup fresh pears, and ½ cup peaches to blender.
- Pour base liquid over ingredients
- While blending, stir in 1 tbsp ORGANIC INDIA Whole Husk Psyllium OR 1 packet ORGANIC INDIA Psyllium Lift
- Top with your favorite