Winter can be a time for dry skin, but it doesn’t have to be! Keep your skin hydrated with an easy at-home sugar scrub! Why sugar? Coarse sugar exfoliates and helps to remove dead skin cells. Coconut oil and honey nourish and moisturize, leaving the skin feeling soft and smooth.
The Secret Ingredient
Consuming Tulsi Holy Basil is one of the best ways to relieve stress internally, and now we've crafted the perfect body scrub to reap the benefits of Tulsi externally as well! The secret ingredient in this recipe that makes it so divine is ORGANIC INDIA's Tulsi Sweet Rose tea. A blend of Tulsi, hand picked roses, and hints of chamomile flowers make this scrub an aromatic oasis, emanating a feminine and luxurious vibe.
DIY Sweet Rose Sugar Scrub!
- 1/2 cup coarse sugar (Turbinado)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Sweet Rose tea bags
- 1 tbsp honey
- handful of dried rose petals (check your local herbal apothecary!)
1. Cut open two ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Sweet Rose tea bags and empty the contents into a bowl.
· Pro tip: Brew an extra tea bag to sip on while making this recipe!
2. Add the sugar; mix and stir.
3. Pour in the melted coconut oil and honey.
4. Stir the mixture until it is well blended.
· If the mixture is too runny, add extra sugar.
5. Top off with a handful of rose petals; stir or leave sprinkled (they will eventually sink into
6. To use: In the shower or bathtub, use a dollop of scrub and rub gently over wet skin in circular motions.
· Pay attention to dry spots that need it most - knees, elbows, feet, etc.
7. Rinse with water (ditch the soap to lock in the moisture)
8. Enjoy radiant, silky smooth skin!