You may love Triphala, and you may love ghee, but you may not have thought about blending them together! This recipe offers a union of nourishing, cleansing, and delicious goodness!
For those who are lactose intolerant and unable to eat traditional butter, ghee is a wonderful alternative. Ghee comes from the Sanskrit word “sprinkled” which means that the milk fat is rendered from the butter to separate the milk solids and water. Essentially, you end up with the beautiful yellow liquid part of the butter when it becomes hot and creamy.
The added benefit to this recipe is the ORGANIC INDIA Triphala which has been shown to support digestive function while giving the body a boost of vitamin C. It contains a gentle blend of three certified organic fruits including Amalaki, Bibhitaki, and Haritaki.
Triphala supplement cleanses and supports the entire GI tract, improving digestion, elimination, and assimilation of nutrients.
Best of all? ORGANIC INDIA Triphala is made with the pulp of the fruit without any seeds. Make this recipe up in advance and enjoy spreading it on your favorite bread and cracker recipes. It can also be used to cook a variety of meals in place of traditional butter.Ingredients:
- 1 pound of grass-fed, organic, unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp ORGANIC INDIA Triphala Powder
1. Slowly heat the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
2. When the butter has melted let it gently simmer until a foam rises to the top.
3. When the butter stops spattering remove the saucepan from the heat and skim the foam off with a large spoon.
4. Place a cheesecloth into a strainer and pour the melted butter through. This will leave behind any extra foam or solids.
5. When the butter has had a chance to cool, stir in the ORGANIC INDIA Triphala powder until well blended.
6. Store the Triphala Ghee in a mason jar inside of the refrigerator.
About the Author
Margaux J Rathbun, B.S., N.T.P., is a certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and the creator of Authentic Self Wellness. Her mission is to inspire others to live authentically as their true selves, nourishing their bodies with the nutrients needed to look and feel their absolute best. Margaux lives outside of Portland Oregon with her husband Jeff and their three dogs.