Celebrate summer’s bounty with this beautiful, delicious salad! Brimming with goodness, the combination of crunchy, tangy, and savory notes satisfies hearty appetites while leaving you feeling light and energized. Pairing aromatic turmeric rice with fresh vegetables, olives and chickpeas, this healthy, easy, make ahead meal hits the spot for lunch or dinner.
Cooking up your favorite rice with our ORGANIC INDIA Turmeric Formula goes well beyond adding warm depth of flavor, fragrant aroma, and bright color. An Ayurvedic staple, turmeric has been revered for its healing properties over the course of thousands of years. Known to be a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, turmeric’s benefits range from the mild to severe, encompassing support for healthy skin, hormonal irregularities, joint mobility, and much more.
For the rice:
- 1 ½ Cups long grain or basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ Teaspoons ORGANIC INDIA Turmeric Formula
- 2 Cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or ghee, optional
For the dressing:
- ⅓ Cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon
- ¼ Teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- *Optional: 1 Teaspoon ORGANIC INDIA Vital Lift Fermented adaptogens
For the salad:
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups assorted greens
- ½ Cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved/sliced
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 1 Cup red bell pepper, sliced
- ¼ Cup red onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh parsley and basil, chopped, for garnish
- Prepare the rice: In a medium pot, combine the rice with the onion, garlic, 1 ½ Teaspoons ORGANIC INDIA Turmeric Formula, broth, water, and oil or ghee, if using. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove from heat and let sit while still covered, another 10 to 15 minutes before fluffing with a fork to serve.
- While rice is cooking, prepare the dressing: combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with a sealed lid. Shake until emulsified.
- Assemble the salad: divide all ingredients into four bowls or assemble in one large serving bowl. Add dressing, toss, and serve.